If you have a child that is too young to come to our rescue to volunteer, there are still many ways they can give back to our homeless animals while earning service hours for school!
Here are some ideas to get involved:
- Instead of birthday presents, ask for donations for our cats and dogs
- Save up your allowance to make a donation
- Host a bake sale, lemonade stand, read-a-thon, car wash, or other fundraiser for STHS
- Make crate blankets or catnip toys
- Read a book from our list about animals and write a short report
- Participate in our educational Scavenger Hunt for books in your local or school library about caring for animals
You may also contact our Volunteer Coordinator for suggestions or to ask about an educational tour for young children by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.