Contact an Adoption Counselor
Our Adoption Counselors can be reached by calling (985) 892-7387 and pressing "2" or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
If you have any questions, please call (985) 892-7387 x 2 or email us at email@example.com!
We understand that welcoming a new companion into your family is a very big decision. Our Adoption Counselors are specially trained to discuss your lifestyle with you to determine which animal would be a good match. Be sure to consider all of the possibilities of what type of pet would best suit your needs. Cats and dogs come in a variety of sizes, personalities, ages, and more. Please use the following steps to get started:
- View our adoptable animals by coming to our facility or visiting our website. Set up a meet and greet with your potential new companion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Fill out an application HERE. An Adoption Counselor will review your application by checking a veterinarian reference for current or past pets that reside(d) in the home. Be prepared to wait for approval for some adoptable pets in the cases of special medical needs, several applications on same pet, or simply time to properly process your application by contacting the required references.
- If everything goes well, we will finish all paperwork and transfer the pet's information to your family! This takes approximately 30-45 minutes!
**Please note that you must be 21 years of age to adopt.**
- Puppies six months or younger: $150
- Kittens six months or younger: $75
- "Pick Your Own Price" for dogs and cats over six months in age with a $50 minimum
- Adopters are also required to purchase at least one month of heartworm prevention at the time of the adoption
When adopting, please consider all of the medical care, food, sheltering, and more that goes into every adoptable animal. As a nonprofit organization, we spend $350.00 on average per animal to ensure they have the best care possible before going to their new home!
We are proud to offer a Seniors for Seniors Program where senior citizens can adopt pets over the age of 7 for a waived adoption fee. See the age requirements and other benefits of this program HERE.
Adoption Fees Include:
- All age-appropriate vaccinations
- Dogs are heartworm tested and treated if positive
- Cats are FIV/FeLV tested
- Membership to our "Adopter's Club", including 10% discount on all vet services
See our available dogs HERE.
See our available cats HERE.
Fill out an application HERE.