- Adoption Center
- About Us
- Veterinary Clinic
- Event Calendar
- Humane Help
Senior Pets Looking for Love
Are you a senior citizen looking for the love and compassion that only a pet can provide?
Well, the St. Tammany Humane Society is here to help with our
Seniors for Seniors Program
Both the owner and their pet will be able to finally live fuller, healthier lives together!
Prospective adopters ages 65 years or older will be able to work with one of our adoption counselors to find the perfect fit with an adult pet (8 years or older). Other program benefits include:
- No adoption fee
- Free annual vaccinations for the life of the pet, and
- Continued senior citizen discount on all products and services
10 Reasons why Pets are Great for Seniors
2. Pets help to keep a routine
3. Seniors become more active
4. Pets are good for your health- lower stress, blood pressure, depression and much more!
5. Pets help Seniors to get out and meet new people, new freinds ( yes, this is a fact)
6. Protection and security
7. Seniors are able to take care of something
8. Pets ease loss
9. They just make you happier!
10.Because they make GREAT friends!
Senior Pets Looking for a Home!